Dr. Blackburn has treated thousands of people with braces. He’s seen it all. So here’s a few points you should know:
- Not all 7-9 year olds need braces but some do. Dr. Blackburn will tell you straight up if your kid does or doesn’t need them yet.
- Most kids get braces during junior high school. Braces are great for this age because they are glued to the teeth. If you have a responsible kid who won’t forget to wear it, Invisalign will likely work for them too.
- Most adults can be treated with Invisalign. There are only a few select type of adult cases that still need to be treated with braces.
- It takes about an hour to put braces on and doesn’t hurt at all, but you will be sore for a few days afterwards (hint: take Tylenol).
- Appointments are usually every 8 weeks and only take about 20 minutes.
- Most people have braces on for 1-2 years.
- Yes, we do permanent retainers on pretty much everyone. But you’ll still need to wear a normal retainer for a while after braces to make sure the teeth stay beautiful.